Dr. Emily grew up in Fargo, North Dakota where she was raised by hard working parents who passed along a strong work ethic to their daughter. Growing up Emily had a love for sports, reading and enjoying Minnesota lakes. She completed her undergraduate degree at University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, in 2005 where she further pursued a career in dentistry at the University of Minnesota. She graduated in 2009 and completed a general practice residency at Hennepin County Medical Center in 2010 and did three additional years of further training at the University of Minnesota in their graduate Periodontal clinic. She completed her training in 2013 and practiced in the Twin Cities for four years before starting her own practice in Rochester. Dr. Emily is also a board-certified periodontist and dental implantologist, which means she has made significant achievements beyond the mandatory education requirements of the specialty. Dr. Emily has made Rochester her home with her husband Brandon and daughters, Cora and Tillie, for the past ten years. She loves both the people of Rochester and the beautiful setting of southern Minnesota. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, traveling, yoga, and spending time with her husband, daughters, cats, dogs and hopefully goats someday!
Dr. Emily is also a current member of:
- American Dental Association
- Minnesota Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
- International Association of Dental Specialists
- American Academy for Oral & Systemic Health
- Zumbro Valley Dental Society
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and Dental Implant Surgery (Board Certification)
Dr. Emily loves working with patients and her main goal is to provide them with a caring environment and knowledge of their oral health so they can make a decision that works best for them. It is also her goal to provide the highest quality of treatment in a non-threatening environment.
Non-dental facts about Emily:
- Emily grew up in Fargo, ND (most of that movie was actually filmed in MN :-)
- Although not very consistent, Emily has a mean golf swing (contact with the ball is optional)
- Emily completed 12 years of learning after high school to do what she does today! And she loves it!
- Why Rochester? Emily loves the “bigger city feel”… Brandon likes the “small city feel” and mostly didn’t want to move to Fargo (due to the movie)
- Did you know Emily can do Figure skating jumps that you see on TV?!? … She tore her knee at 16, but her dance partner went on to the Vancouver Olympics
- Emily can out sleep you. Period. And she is lucky that she passed that trait on to her daughters, Cora and Tillie.
- Emily would like to learn to play the cello, speak French and play tennis
- If you want to get Emily started talking about football, just say you are an NDSU Bison fan
- To relax Emily really loves to read, be at a lake and also loves to do pottery on the wheel
- Emily and Brandon also moved out to “the county” a few years ago… if you want to hear some funny stories just ask her about what her husband calls “Country living…”
- Emily would also love to run a goat farm one day!